A Youth Led and Youth Bred TYAP
In order to undertake our different projects, we have many volunteers from diverse backgrounds (i.e. university students, high school students, vocational school students, street youths, former drug-users, refugee youth, hill-tribe youth) assisting us each school semester (4 months).
We give our volunteers the opportunity to strengthen and hone their abilities by allowing them to work directly on our various projects. They plan and facilitate forums and events, run activities and workshops, and write reports and newsletters, among other tasks. With their experiences, our volunteers are empowered with interpersonal, decision-making, teamwork, communication, and writing skills, and knowledge about youths and the HIV/AIDS epidemic so that they become confident, proactive members of Thai society who can make a difference.
TYAP is currently looking for volunteers to help us in carrying out our mission of providing youth friendly service in the northern Thailand province of Chiang Mai.
It is desirable however not necessary that prospective volunteers have some experience working in the community development or youth work fields.
Skills that we are constantly looking for are:
- Project management: Ability to manage projects, monitoring and evaluation, budgets, documentation.
- Writing skills: Reports, articles and project proposals
- Communication skills: Ability to explain complex ideas and problems, basic Thai language skills (again desirable but not necessary), sensitive to working with youth and vulnerable populations, networking.
- IT skills: Webpage update and design, database skills, network management experience.
- Media skills: Sound clip production, video production, reporting, video editing, graphic design and photography.
- Teaching skills: Teaching English to ESL students.
At TYAP you will have the opportunity to work side by side with local Thai staff as well as TYAP’s youth volunteers. If you would be interested in joining TYAP’s team for a time, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org